A baby shower is not just a celebration of the coming baby but a chance to spoil the new mom as well. You don’t have to give her foot rubs or treat her to a spa to make her extra special. Yet, thinking about what she likes, what makes her happy, and what would be easy for her on the big day would make her feel that.
Here are 6 ways to spoil a new mom at her baby shower:
- Pick a baby shower theme that reflects the personality of the mom-to-be. Even as simple as designing the theme in her favorite color will make the mom-to-be feel extra special already. What more if you go all through the trouble of learning about her: where she came from, her favorites, and so on. The baby shower theme can be inspired by her hobby or maybe her love of travel, art or movies. You can also make it a college-themed baby shower, a sorority shower or a hometown shower that reminds her of everything she loves of her city or town. Turning a baby shower into a yoga class is another way of spoiling the new mom.
- First time moms need all the help to prepare the things needed for the coming baby. So, help her come up with a baby registry checklist to make sure that she will have everything ready for her nursery and her bundle of joy. Some say that it’s against formal etiquette to ask for specific gifts from guests. Yet, there are guests who would appreciate if you give them ideas on what gifts to bring at the baby shower. Giving the new mom a peace of mind because she is already prepared for the baby’s arrival would mean a lot to her.
- Make the guests do something personal for the new mom. You can place a framed invitation at the entrance of the venue for everyone to sign. Or you can create a “Wishes for Baby Tree “with the help of tutorials available online. Reading what people have written at the baby shower will warm the mom-to-be’s heart anytime.
- Being pregnant limits the food choices for the mom-to-be. So, make sure that she will have something to eat at the party. Prepare the menu to include some of her favorite foods and those that she can eat and drink at the event.
- Prepare a list of people who gave gifts and what the gifts are. The new mom will appreciate you’re doing it for her. She will have the opportunity to thank all of them without missing anyone.
- Make sure that Thank You cards will be received by the guests. Have the guests write their own addresses on the card envelopes. It’s so easy to do yet, the result will make the life of the new mom more convenient and stress-free. She doesn’t have to look for addresses to send Thank You Cards and her work will also be cut-out for her because she will not be writing addresses anymore.
A new mom is very emotional and gets overwhelmed easily. So show that you care with these little acts of thoughtfulness guaranteed to make her extra special at her baby shower.